Thursday, January 21, 2010

Dream Epiphanies?

I once had what I believe to have been some sort of an epiphany. It was a dream. I'll briefly recount what led up to the dream.

So my dad has always been a big part of my life. When I was about 8ish he took a trip with all of his dude-friends and dad-friends to Colorado for several weeks. To say the least I was very upset as I had not been away from him for that length of time before. I think it is for this reason that I latched on so tightly to the gift he brought back for me when he returned. It was a necklace strung on black leather with two turquoise beads sandwiching a metal pendant with the infinity symbol. I wore this necklace religiously and never took it off for Anything. One day I woke up and it was gone. I searched high and low for it for literally two weeks. I know it sounds ridiculous but I was absolutely distressed, and I refused to let it go.
One morning as I was eating breakfast I suddenly remembered a dream I had had that night. I dreamed that I had found my necklace. Specifically, I dreamed that I had found it between my mattress and the box spring. I remember sitting at the breakfast table dressed in this huge t-shirt that my dad had also brought back for me, and thinking to myself "what a weird dream." This day was a weekend and therefore I went outside and played with my friends after breakfast. A few hours later I had the odd impulse to just check under my mattress for my necklace just in case. I mean you never know. what if? I honestly expected to be let down, but of course it was there, weirdly enough. I do still have the necklace, but it's so small on me now!

No comments:

Post a Comment